Pregabalin got approval from the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 2004. It is used to treat pain and seizures. Buy lyrica pregabalin 300mg online in Australia
- Treatment of neuropathic pain associated with diabetic peripheral neuropathy
- Treatment of neuropathic pain associated with spinal cord injury
- Neuropathic pain originating from postherpetic neuralgia
- Treatment of fibromyalgia
- Adjunctive therapy for partial-onset seizures in adults with epilepsy. Buy lyrica pregabalin 300mg online in Australia
- Generalized anxiety disorder
- Social anxiety disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Chronic pain conditions
- Chronic Pruritus
- Chronic cough
- Restless leg syndrome
There is significant disagreement regarding the effectiveness of pregabalin for the psychiatric disorders listed above. Therefore, prescribers should be careful and monitor patients for therapeutic success when treating patients with pregabalin. Buy lyrica pregabalin 300mg online in Australia
Mechanism of Action
Pregabalin is structurally similar to the inhibitory neurotransmitter gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA). It has been modified to be a lipophilic analog to enhance diffusion across the blood-brain barrier. However, pregabalin does not directly bind to GABA-A or GABA-B receptors. Additionally, it is not metabolized to a GABA receptor agonist. In animal models, pregabalin binds to presynaptic voltage-gated calcium channels at the alpha-2-delta subunit in central nervous system tissues. The binding of the alpha-2-delta subunit decreases the depolarization-induced influx of calcium into neurons and reduces the release of excitatory neurotransmitters. This action may account for the anticonvulsant and analgesic effects of pregabalin. Pregabalin has no known activity at sodium channels, dopamine receptors, serotonin receptors, opiate receptors and does not modify cyclooxygenase activity. Buy lyrica pregabalin 300mg online in Australia
Pregabalin is administered orally and is available in capsules or oral solutions. Following oral administration, pregabalin reaches peak plasma concentrations within 1.5 hours and achieves a steady-state within 24 to 48 hours. The absorption of pregabalin is independent of the dose. Pregabalin readily crosses the blood-brain barrier. Humans cannot significantly metabolize pregabalin. Its elimination is primarily as an unchanged drug (less than 2% metabolized) by renal excretion. In patients with normal renal function, the mean elimination half-life is 6.3 hours. Researchers have studied pregabalin at dosages up to 600 mg per day. However, they did not find 600 mg per day to provide significant additional benefit and was less well tolerated due to side effects. Buy lyrica pregabalin 300mg online in Australia
- Pregabalin is contraindicated in patients who have a known hypersensitivity to pregabalin. Hypersensitivity reactions have occurred in patients receiving pregabalin, including angioedema.
- There are no adequate studies with pregabalin in pregnant women. Pregabalin may cause fetal harm. Advise patients there is a potential risk to the fetus.
- Pregabalin has been detected in the milk of lactating women; thus, breastfeeding is not advisable, and an alternative agent is preferred. Buy lyrica pregabalin 300mg online in Australia
There are no reviews yet.